TA-66A Lincolnwood IL Japanese Tape Head Demagnetizer

April 19, 2016 7:30 pm - 9:05 pm

Few more tapes done. Few more started.

Arbitrarily adjusting the pitch to "what sounds good and right" is challenging.  It's using subjection judgement.  Anything subjective like that can be a bit uncomfortable.

I keep resetting to the calibrated speed then adjusting from there for new tapes but it's a challenge.  I slowed one down quite a bit but when I came back after the transfer to cut and save in Audacity at that time it still felt a little fast too me.  So some of those decisions are just always going to be subjective.  Fortunately I am not really cleaning these just capturing.  Winkie or others can do the serious filtering and can pitch adjust if needed.  I'd think 96 kHz, 24-bit captures should offer a lot of bandwidth to do resample to correct pitch.

Ordered an old-school head demagnetizer today off eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131784093179





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Do List & Procedures

Era is Over: An End to Digitizing Media at YWAM Tyler and The Winkie Pratney Revival Library